Hi! I’m a Pennsylvania–based magazine/web writer, editor and professor with more than 20 years of experience as a journalist. Nowadays I write mostly about health and wellness. I’m a member of the Association of Health Care Journalists and the Society of Professional Journalists.
I have also written about food, agriculture, parenting, and other lifestyle topics. Service stories, features, profiles, Q&As, short FOB pieces — you name it, I’ve done it.
My work has been published in Prevention, Redbook, Women’s Health, USA Today, Better Homes & Gardens, Civil Eats.com, Daily Parent.com, and lots of other print and web publications. (Check out my Portfolio page for links to some of my favorites.)
• In 2007, I published two cookbooks: Killer Pies and Killer Chili.
• I’ve created brand content for Bed Bath & Beyond, Hertz, CORT, Capital Blue, Electrolux and Volvo, and written profiles of small businesses and their owners for community-based publications.
• I was an editor at a regional magazine for three years before getting my MFA in nonfiction writing from Penn State.
• I’ve edited and written copy for business websites, brochures, calendars, mini-magazines, cookbooks, and wedding lookbooks.
• I’m a teacher, too. I’ve taught journalism and media courses at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania since 2007.
Thanks for visiting!